pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:44 pm 

Hi everyone... i got a few questions and will like to see if i can get any help from any of you guys to crack this one.

Heres the components i will be talking about.
90 PM6 ECU chipped with Turbo Edit stockPR4 bin on it
Ebay USB data cable
Compaq laptop
ECU control 4.0
pics of the stuff and the wires

OK after reading a lot here and on the ecu control website i have tried to make the datalog work, but no dice.

I have purchased this cable off ebay after my buddy got the same cable and got his P28 dataloggin on uberdata.
i got my PM6, took the rom out, and replaced it with a new chip with the stock PR4 bin in it from turboedit.
i went ahead and soldered the CN3 into cables and into a serial conector out of the case of the ecu as u guys can see.

as stated on this previous topic on how to use this cables...
http://www.pgmfi.org/phorum/read.php?f=16&i=521&t=521
i went ahead and soldered all my pertinent conections
i went ahead and loaded the driver to my pc (since the driver is big and icant attach it, i can have anyone look at it for me and i can send it to ya). loaded the driver and everything is fine...
since my laptop has no batt, we went ahead and used my buddy's and when we went to the car and tried to datalog, we got no readings... all we got was like a 1/2 second info just a flash or crazy info, and no more and only happened when we pressed start or stop dataloggin. we got no readings at all on my laptop.

we read on the ecu control webpage a note from few months ago that states that ecu contorl 4 doesnt support PM6 ecus yet.... well the weird part is that while i am reading stuff here i see many successfull people saying that they have already starting dataloggin info on their 90-91 PM6 with ecu control.... AM I READING RIGHT?? OR NOT?? DOES ECU control support PM6 YES or NO???

anyways....while reading on the previous post, i tought i might have mixed the RX and TX since the colors sometimes dont match
well it didnt make any difference.. i still get no readings..

my settings on ECU control are right... i have the right COM5 on laptop
, i have the same driver my buddy has used on the same cable he has, the ecu control says conected but no info is received

on this cable there is a yellow, white, green, blue wire from the USB side, and to the other side theres a green, blue, white wires,,...
i have the Green to CN3 #1, i got the blue to CN3 #2, and i got the white one to CN3 #4

any help is appreciated it

[%sig%]

Post Edited (07-17-04 13:48)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

ECUCONTROL DOES NOT WORK WITH STOCK PROGRAMS.

And, give url of the so said statement about ecucontorl not supporting PM6, I may have made a typo.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:56 am 

http://www.ecucontrol.com

main page on the left side
Quote:
"

Monday, February 9th 2004

EcuControl 5 in dev. This new version will support the new PGMFI obd0 (PM6 familly) ROM. A/F reading and boost will be there and working. "

as far as i understang it doesnt suppport yet the PM6 family

plus i am not tryint to read the stock program!!! i have read that on the webpages and while searching

i have tried with my basemap made on turboedit following the Xenocron's beasemap post

i have tried a StockPR4.bin, tried StockPM6.bin, tried the one on ecucontrol webpage, the one labeled 90-91-USDM-PM6-D-LC.bin

[%sig%]

Post Edited (07-19-04 11:34)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

First , I'm saying that I will support the PGMFI rom (from pm6 familly), this does not say i'm not supporting ACTUAL pm6 datalogging enabled roms.

Secondo, Ecucontrol does not work with TurboEdit rom (aka PGMFI roms)

Tierco, Using any PM6 rom provided on my website should make datalogging working. If not, you have a hardware problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:52 pm 

alright...
makes a lil more sense now
thanks synoptic.....
ill give the bin a shot without even touching it on turbo edit...
and will get back to ya......

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:21 pm 
first of all, stop posting at work felix, second of all.....nobody said anything about ecucontrol not working with turboedit. blake had it working with uberdata but then did his own thing and now ecucontrol doesn't work with uberdata anymore. Now come to find out ecucontrol doesn't work with turboedit either =(

So the bin's on ecucontrol are stock bins and cannot support any psi. So that means that we'll have to continue to use the vafc hack if we want to use ecucontrol. I guess we'll find out tonight, hope he doesn't detenate =)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

TurboEdit rom IS the PGMFI rom that I will support later. And also, when the dataloggin code of the rom get fixed, i'll make the datalogging part in TurboEdit, and might abandon Ecucontrol (or keep it for na car, I dunno).

Post subject: interesting
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:49 am 
Have a look at the link in my sig
Improve your golf score in 2 weeks
Stop smoking within a week
Amazing paypal loophole a must for buyers and sellers
Get money for absolutely free
FREE domain name with any hosting

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]