pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:17 am 
Hi guys!!!

My name is Max and I write from Italy!!!

I've an EJ8 and I'm going to swap in a B16A2, I've found a cheap P28 and I take it.

Well, my question is very simple, maybe stupid, but with datalogging can I run a tuned map? (like Mugen or Spoon etc etc) or I have to burn in my eprom only the stock map with datalogging program?

So, can I cut&paste the modified map on the datalogging-stock map?

Thank u very much, and congratulations for the forum... :D

byezzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:42 am 
I noticed that there is a transmit and recieve wire to be hooked up for datalogging. I am using the nokia cable from Rat Shack am able to datalog using ECUCONTROL program. How do I know if my transmit line is working correctly? I can see all my guages working properly so does that mean its working in both transmit and recieve. I would think in datalogging only the recieve function is actually working pr am I wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:21 am 
Jim Truett wrote:
I have found a very good adapter to link the TTL output from an ECU to a Laptop or PC with a USB port. The Prolific PL-2303 works perfectly, and offers a high speed conversion that prevents reading lag. The throttle position, vehicle speed, and RPM gauge are very linear, with no jittering.

The proper cable for this mod is Radio Shack part number 170-0787, or similar cables available on eBay for Nokia models 3200 series, 5100 series, and 6100 series. The pictures I have linked to show two different adapters. The larger one in the clear housing is the unit I purchased off of eBay. The black housing is the Radio Shack #170-0787. Both cables operate the same way, but the RS cable is somewhat more complex.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/pdb3f4c498703bd4b752a3d6e0aaa386f/f9a982ec.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/pc055475a8b3c32e780d9b2ea3e14883f/f9a982bc.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/p21f5995ad1af147eccddcdbf35a41d4e/f9a9828b.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/pb61ac6763ccb6c9671fb1fb72e798d17/f9a98251.jpg

The modification to the cables are similar.

With the Radio Shack cable, cut off the phone connector. Strip back the shielding to expose about 1" of wire.

Strip the brown wire and connect it to the shield conductor. Solder this to pin #1 on CN2.

Strip the orange wire and solder it to pin #2 on CN2. This is the RX lead on the cable.

Strip the red wire and solder it to pin #4 on CN2. This is the TX lead on the cable.

For the no-name eBay sourced cable, the hookup is very simple.

Strip the black wire and connect it to the shield conductor. Solder this to pin #1 on CN2.

Strip the white wire and solder it to pin #2 on CN2. This is the RX lead on the cable.

Strip the blue wire and solder it to pin #4 on CN2. This is the TX lead on the cable.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/p824ae51e3373ddb0db9a283b2c3d6fc3/f9a9822a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/p85944ea0c0c64024841ea7301656dc10/f9a98201.jpg

I chose the DB9 connector to allow external connection to my ECU because of simplicity and availability. Disregard the red wire in the pictures. It is +5v power for another project.

Load the USB driver into your PC or laptop. If you purchased the Radio Shack cable, you will need to download the USB driver as directed. This is not the method I recommend, because Nokia phone information is included with it. If anyone needs the proper driver, let me know. It is a 4.2mb file, but I can email it if you have the room in your inbox.

Download the proper datalogging .bin from the ECUcontrol website. Modify it as necessary for your application, burn it to an EPROM and install it in your ECU.

On your PC or laptop, open the device manager, and check your port settings for your new USB cable. Note which com port it is using, and set up ECUcontrol to read that port. If necessary open the properties tab and change the com port number to reflect the port you want it to use, like com4 or com5. Plug in your USB cable before Starting your car so it will initialize properly. Click on "start datalogging" and enjoy.

[%sig%]

Post Edited (02-10-04 00:57)
Will this work with the ODB 0 PR4 Ecu ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:39 am 
Will this work with pr3 (jdm)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:29 pm 
Get a $8 shipped DKU5 off ebay from iTrimming (seller). Works great on JDM PR3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:25 pm 

can you tell me the colors and wiring for the dku-5 off ebay. am wiring it to a pr3.

thank you
jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:48 pm 

Does your cable have a yellow, blue, and red wire on the top and a green and white wire on the bottom? If so, I will post the wire diagram shortly. Working on add a USB port to an ECU with the Nokia DKU-5 now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:42 am 

csmccarron wrote:
Does your cable have a yellow, blue, and red wire on the top and a green and white wire on the bottom? If so, I will post the wire diagram shortly. Working on add a USB port to an ECU with the Nokia DKU-5 now.

Here is what worked for me:

USB SIDE
Pin 1 VCC
Pin 2 D-
Pin 3 D+
Pin 4 GND

ECU CN2
Pin 1 Gnd (White)
Pin 2 Rx (Blue)
Pin 4 Tx (Red) (I originally had pin 3 which was wrong)

Added 10/2/2006
Here is another nokia cable pin out that worked for me. This cable had Red (pin 3), Green (pin 4), Blue (pin 6), White (pin 7), and Black (pin 8) wires.

ECU CN2
Pin 1 Gnd (Black)
Pin 2 Rx (Blue)
Pin 4 Tx (White)

Hope this helps.

Last edited by csmccarron on Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:13 pm 
my dku5 calbe has orange, red,yellow, green and brown? i dont know how to tell which is which...how can you tell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:06 pm 

rice a roni wrote:
my dku5 calbe has orange, red,yellow, green and brown? i dont know how to tell which is which...how can you tell?

Ok, you are going to have to get a meter and trace the wires out. Go here and use this diagram to trace the following pins:

2 or 8 GND Charger ground
6 FBus Rx/USB D+ USB exists in some models only*.
7 FBus Tx/USB D- USB exists in some models only*.

The first pin on the Nokia side of the cable is pin 2. Pin 2 is on the narrow side of the Nokia connector.

Pin 2 or 8 on the Nokia cable should be connected to Pin 1 on CN2.
Pin 6 on the Nokia cable should be connected to Pin 4 on CN2.
Pin 7 on the Nokia cable should be connected to Pin 2 on CN2.

This should create a Null modem type connection, Tx -> Rx and Rx -> Tx.

Hope this helps,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:23 pm 
fuck i threw the end i chopped up away...im so fucked...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:49 pm 

rice a roni wrote:
fuck i threw the end i chopped up away...im so fucked...

Yea, that is going to make it hard unless someone has used a cable like yours before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:57 pm 
Not sure if anyone has added this info (I couldnt find it when I was looking) so Ill add yet another confirmed color code that works:

eBay DKU-5 cable colors:
white, red, blue, green, yellow

Connection to ECU:

CN2 pin 1 (Ground) -> DKU5 color: white
CN2 pin 2 (RX) -> DKU5 color: blue
CN2 pin3 (not used)
CN2 pin 4 (TX) -> DKU5 color: red

yellow and green on the DKU5 are unused (obviously)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:40 am 
Hi guys, i have a quick question as im new to this.
Is this the same solution as getting the moates kit? are they basically the same solution or does one have advantages over the other?

Thanks in advance!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5