pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:54 pm 
ok heres my idea:
after i downloaded the PDA version of the ECU control i realized the potential of what you have going!
the nology PDA dyno costs 300 dollars give or take, and with some physics and the sensors u already have being shown you could program a dyno into your software. hear me out for a second:

you have a TPS sensor going, assuming you start from rest on a flat surface, when
tps > 0 (i.e. foot on gas) a timer goes off at 1 second intervals , now to digress into physics for a second

1 horsepower = (550 LbFt)/1Second

for example, i will use my car, 2050 with driver. so

3.72727272....hp=(2050lbs(1ft))/1Second

now for the kinematics
Distance = .5(VelocityInitial + VelocityFinal)Time
so at 1 second intervals, and with the help of the speed being logged also

we could say
distance = .5(0 + (whatever the speed is after 1 second))times 1 second because it goes at 1 second intervals
now with the distance we plug that into the Ft of our horsepower formula (i dont know if you can just do the velocitys in fps or if it must be converted from mps)
then we multiply the horsepower accordingly, now you have the horsepower for the 1st second

now we take the Final speed from the first second and for the 2nd interval, you use it as Velocity Initial, and you repeat...

with this you will get a Horsepower Vs Time comparison
note: it will be more accurate on the more cycles it does, if it cycles at 10 times a second you will notice more change rather than a X horsepower jump per second

please leave your ideas here, or if you know programming on the PDA please reply i want to see some free dyno software sometime
~ben

[%sig%]

Post Edited (12-21-03 19:04)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

I did that with proio version of EC..

Problem is how to caluclate distance... if you spin wheels, the programs thinks your car is moving, because of the Speed Sensor.. in fact the car does not move at all.

so the pricsion what very poor. thats why i removed it.

Same thing for the 0- 60 mph calculator. Distance is always an issue with traction. Only G sensor can be used like in the Gtech.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:26 pm 
Tie in a budget USB GPS< just teach your program how to read NMEA signals serially from USB.

-PHiZ

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:47 pm 

I'm expecting a Accelerometer (g sensor) to arrive w/some parts I ordered from Digikey, The only thing i'll have to design a frecuency to voltage conversion circuit... then will have to figure it out how to log this... I don't know if the ECU have any ADC free that it can be interface with, or may be I can count the pulses and send them to a port, I don't know..

I'm just staring on this...

Any suggestions?

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:59 pm 
http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM2907.pdf

Frequency to voltage IC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]