pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: False Map Readings
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:53 am 

does anyone else get really weird readings when logging? I'm only running a max of 12psi right now, yet my logger is logging up to 19 & 20 positive pounds of pressure from the map sensor. I'm sure my boost gauge is correct, any ideas?

I'm currently using my stock map sensor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:36 am 

anybody?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:57 pm 
running 10 psi whit stock maps sensor
i get 14-15 psi
but the gauge it the stand alone work great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:26 pm 

i don't think u understood what i'm saying. I have a 10psi spring in my wastegate & i know i'm not getting over that amount of boost. I'm positive that i'm not pushing anymore than 10psi right now.. BUT ECU Control is giving me false readings of 19&20psi when i know i'm not pushing the car to that at all.

it's not displaying my actual map pressures. I swaped out sensors incase that was the problem but thats didn't help & i even tested it on my buddy's car & it did the same thing. Whats wrong with this software?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:14 pm 

Your stock map sensor doesn't show 12 lbs. Chances are the code is just saying whoops, you've maxed out the voltage. Get a map sensor that can read at the boost you're running, that will help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:31 pm 

so basically your saying that on the stand alone ecucontrol...the boost gauge readings are correct, but when you click log data and the table starts filling in the map readings are too high?

i dont know why this happens, but i have the same problem. im at a solid 8psi, the gauge/map readings are dead on...but when i log data i get readings up to ~ 15.

is it possible that the log file spits out all map readings in inHg? my 8psi ~16inHg and your 12psi ~ 24inHg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:42 pm 

fastcrxsi90 wrote:
so basically your saying that on the stand alone ecucontrol...the boost gauge readings are correct, but when you click log data and the table starts filling in the map readings are too high?

i dont know why this happens, but i have the same problem. im at a solid 8psi, the gauge/map readings are dead on...but when i log data i get readings up to ~ 15.

is it possible that the log file spits out all map readings in inHg? my 8psi ~16inHg and your 12psi ~ 24inHg.

sounds like you've got the same problem. I don't understand it really, i just wish it would work properly because the logs would be very useful.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]